A musical walking tour of Rose Hill cemetery on May 17
Voces Novae, with special guests Grey Larsen and Cindy Kallet, will lead a musical walking tour of Bloomington's historic Rose Hill cemetery, 1100 W. Fourth St.
* Saturday, May 17, 4:00 p.m.
* Rose Hill cemetery, 1100 W. Fourth St.
* Please meet us at the Fourth St. entrance.
* Parking is available along the roads of the cemetery and in the surrounding neighborhood streets.
* Rain date: Sunday, May 18, 4:00 p.m.
As we walk the cemetery past historic graves, we will enjoy music and the blooming peonies. An easy-to-carry lawn chair might come in handy.
Music by Billings, Hoagy Carmichael, Palestrina, Cole Porter, and others will offer an opportunity to contemplate the lives of an African-American Revolutionary war veteran, astronomer Daniel Kirkwood, sex researcher Alfred Kinsey, musician Al Cobine, educator Mary McCalla, Negro League baseball player Rabbit Shively, fiddler Jasper Chambers, the legendary Hoagy Carmichael, and others.
This program is made possible with assistance from the Bloomington Arts Commission.